RE: citizens -3

in What are you working on? Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:13 pm
by Paul´s Bods • 1.314 Posts

Quote: Valdemar wrote in post #30
Everyone will never be happy

Very true. If at all possible I would like the set in resin..please and I will definately buy it in resin.................................and maybe also metal

Scroll up

in What are you working on? Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:37 am
by RayCaruana • 241 Posts

Quote: alex wrote in post #29
Thank you, Paul, thank you Rey - in your opinion, of course, I would like to know the opinion of our friends more about how we can better do its range - it was created for this purpose and this forum ...
Now even a small addition to this range ..

Another wonderful work of art!!

Regards
Ray

FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1819406350 YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/user/reggaemalta

Scroll up

in What are you working on? Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:36 am
by RayCaruana • 241 Posts

Quote: Valdemar wrote in post #30
Hi Alex,

Another great set!

I have a few comments to the other parts of the thread. One is that some collectors are very, very focused on getting the figures in resin as they need the quality, some of the same collectors use many figures from Strelets, Dark side, Hat etc. which have a quality which is much, much lower then the metal/resin quality at Valdemars.

Also Conny and I did some research some time ago to see, who is active on the forums and who do buy the most figures, and actually it turned out that the by far biggest buyers are actually not the most active ones (I do love the active members, the sparring and the sharing of Work and opinions), but seen from a Commercial business perspective the current solution is the best.

No business = no new figures/shut Down

And Again, regarding the resin sets, then you write that you can just glue the part back on... that is correct, but when we get sets from caster in resin we can not always find the parts = a Waste of 10-15% of the figures. After we ship, some ask for Money back/refund as there are parts broken 5% (not all want to glue back on, especially because the price is higher and they expact a better product).

But I do enjoy the dialougue, I love both resin and metal. Resin looks sharper when you see the figure first, but when primed the difference is so small! Resin breaks - metal bends... which allows me to make small changes to poses by bending it. Resin is light = lower freight costs, metal is good for wargamers who like the feeling of the figures etc.

Everyone will never be happy

I agree with what you wrote about the business Valdemar. I think everyone here understands and thank you for staying in business.
I'm certainly not the one keeping the business running I admit, as I don't paint large numbers of figures (I'm essentially a 54mm modeller turned to 20mm not a wargamer and most of my sets were bought before Conny became the exclusive agent). So, I prefer quality over quantity and a good canvas for my figures, that's why I only painted Valdemar figures so far .

Well, resin or metal, I will still remain one of the (hopefully) active fans of Valdemar and Alex's incredible talent .

P.S. I'm currently waiting for the release of Herman Von Tartu to place an order for him and mounted Richard the Lionheart

Regards
Ray

FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1819406350 YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/user/reggaemalta

Scroll up

in What are you working on? Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:11 pm
by alex • 400 Posts

Thank you friends for a discussion ! Sorry that was not heard more opinions . Thanks, Jens , thank you Paul , thank you , Ray ! I understand all the arguments and I appreciate that research, which did Jens and Connie in marketing. And absolutely trust this .
Nevertheless , I believe that the figure of resin - are of much better quality in comparison with the best metal ( Grounded or not). To ensure that our figures were available for collectors, so that businesses can develop in the metal release is a priority . For most manufacturers or vargeymers . diorams bild - it's probably acceptable.
But for artists who want to show off your skills and get the best results by combining the best figures ( which I'm modest !) And best painting - required figures in the resin. Now I understand , thanks to this little debate that the solution does not lie in the field of business , and in prestige and art.

Last edited Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:13 pm | Scroll up

in What are you working on? Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:07 am
by alex • 400 Posts

The last two figures of this "set in the set"

Scroll up

in What are you working on? Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:20 pm
by Dirk • 98 Posts

This is unbelieveable !!!
Alex, you have magic hands !
I love this set !

http://diriminiaturen.oyla.de/cgi-bin/hpm_homepage.cgi
Scroll up

in What are you working on? Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:55 pm
by toma • 251 Posts

Great, great, great! This will be fantasic set.

GREETINGS!
-----------------------------------------------------------------
My blog:
http://tomasminisworld.blogspot.com/
Scroll up

in What are you working on? Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:18 pm

I´m lost for words!!!!!

Scroll up

in What are you working on? Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:27 am
by alex • 400 Posts

Thank , my friend !
Finich

New start

Scroll up

in What are you working on? Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:07 pm
by toma • 251 Posts

Great sets!!! You are so fast, Alex. Such a fantastic figures and sculpting so fast. NO WORDS. Youre a 1/72 MASTER.

GREETINGS!
-----------------------------------------------------------------
My blog:
http://tomasminisworld.blogspot.com/
Scroll up

in What are you working on? Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:00 pm

Alex is the master!!!!!! I Need to know exactly whn These sets come out..an absolute must have!!!!
The subjects are brilliant. Just when I think everything possible has been done..Alex produces ever more!

Last edited Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:02 pm | Scroll up

in What are you working on? Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:32 am
by Valdemar • 2.175 Posts

BEST EVER!!! as simple as that...

Best regards

ValdemarMiniatures.com

Scroll up

in What are you working on? Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:16 am
by alex • 400 Posts

Thank you, friends!
Now - Fencing Master
If I was looking for a teacher of fencing in the Middle Ages, then I would have a choice: for a beautiful individual fencing I would invite Italian or Byzantine. To learn cutting (slashing in crowded battle) I would invite German or Russian ...

Scroll up

in What are you working on? Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:28 pm
by Ash • 53 Posts

Really cool, friend!
...I remember Syrio Forell

Scroll up

in What are you working on? Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:21 pm
by Valdemar • 2.175 Posts

Yes definitely Syrio Forell the fencing master...

Best regards

ValdemarMiniatures.com

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 8 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: Peter Rathgeb
guest counter
Today were 396 guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1630 topics and 8628 posts.

0 members have been online today: