RE: citizens -3

in What are you working on? Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:49 am
by RayCaruana • 241 Posts

Incredibly Amazing. I'm speechless (and that's not common with me ). What a pity to cast them in metal and not resin. But I do understand why metal is the only viable option.

Regards
Ray

FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1819406350 YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/user/reggaemalta

Scroll up

in What are you working on? Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:46 pm
by alex • 400 Posts
Scroll up

in What are you working on? Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:39 pm
by Paul´s Bods • 1.314 Posts

If at all possible..please a few sets in resin!!!!!!!!! The metal never Shows the Detail.

Scroll up

in What are you working on? Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:09 pm
by alex • 400 Posts

Thank you!
Paul and Ray, friends, we need to think about it. I, Jens and Conniy discuss it.

Scroll up

in What are you working on? Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:36 pm

Good men!! . IMO I don't think metal is doing justice to the extremely high quality sculpting of Valdemar miniatures.

Regards
Ray

FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1819406350 YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/user/reggaemalta

Scroll up

in What are you working on? Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:41 am
by Michel • 11 Posts

I agree to Paul!
Please give your Figure in Resin to us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.michelminiaturen.oyla.de

Scroll up

in What are you working on? Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:59 pm

Quote: alex wrote in post #19
Thank you!
Paul and Ray, friends, we need to think about it. I, Jens and Conniy discuss it.

HURRAY!!!!!!!!! Metal is ok for troop types but for the Little Details, like the arms, legs and faces of the children, resin is, IMHO, definately better. I´ll advertise the set as much as possible so it will be worth making in resin.

Scroll up

in What are you working on? Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:25 pm
by Valdemar • 2.175 Posts

Again, RESIN = much higher price due to the parts that break, in the years we had resin it costed 20-25% of the sets that broke some way from manufacturer to the customer. The only way is if the resin could have flexibility, so it does not break, but bend...

But Conny did King Valdemar in resin, so it is possible for special sets and as far as I know sales is not better for this set then others. The setup today is that I/Alex handle the Development of sets and Conny own production and distribution.

Best regards

ValdemarMiniatures.com

Scroll up

in What are you working on? Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:45 pm
by alex • 400 Posts

I agree with Waldemar, large losses discouraged us from the sale of resin figures. But I think there is a way to sell does not target individual when it is necessary to produce metal, and the second way - to order, when our friends who have been our preferred range would be willing to pay an extra package shipping and handling, you can make a step towards this desire.

Scroll up

in What are you working on? Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:12 pm

Yes, but when prices go up, also people complain and it is just a few who are so keen on resin that they do not buy metal.... but also some only collect metal and would never buy resin

Best regards

ValdemarMiniatures.com

Scroll up

in What are you working on? Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:15 pm
by alex • 400 Posts

Correctly. Therefore, if there is an order from a few collectors (subscription) then I think that we can discuss a special edition for them.

Scroll up

in What are you working on? Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:14 pm

I know the "arguments" for and against either metal or resin but If the Quality is up to the Standard of the sculpts then I don´t care what material they come in but virtually all sets so far that are in metal don´t match the pictured Quality of the sculpts. I have the tax collector set in both resin and metal and the resin ones are way better. The metal ones had pieces missing ..one or two of the footmen had Hands or parts of thier cloaks missing. Rather a snapped off part of a resin set that I can glue back than the same in metal.

Scroll up

in What are you working on? Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:42 am
Scroll up

in What are you working on? Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:54 pm
by alex • 400 Posts

Thank you, Paul, thank you Rey - in your opinion, of course, I would like to know the opinion of our friends more about how we can better do its range - it was created for this purpose and this forum ...
Now even a small addition to this range ..

Scroll up

in What are you working on? Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:31 pm

Hi Alex,

Another great set!

I have a few comments to the other parts of the thread. One is that some collectors are very, very focused on getting the figures in resin as they need the quality, some of the same collectors use many figures from Strelets, Dark side, Hat etc. which have a quality which is much, much lower then the metal/resin quality at Valdemars.

Also Conny and I did some research some time ago to see, who is active on the forums and who do buy the most figures, and actually it turned out that the by far biggest buyers are actually not the most active ones (I do love the active members, the sparring and the sharing of Work and opinions), but seen from a Commercial business perspective the current solution is the best.

No business = no new figures/shut Down

And Again, regarding the resin sets, then you write that you can just glue the part back on... that is correct, but when we get sets from caster in resin we can not always find the parts = a Waste of 10-15% of the figures. After we ship, some ask for Money back/refund as there are parts broken 5% (not all want to glue back on, especially because the price is higher and they expact a better product).

But I do enjoy the dialougue, I love both resin and metal. Resin looks sharper when you see the figure first, but when primed the difference is so small! Resin breaks - metal bends... which allows me to make small changes to poses by bending it. Resin is light = lower freight costs, metal is good for wargamers who like the feeling of the figures etc.

Everyone will never be happy

Best regards

ValdemarMiniatures.com

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 13 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: Peter Rathgeb
guest counter
Today were 133 guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1631 topics and 8629 posts.

0 members have been online today: