Merry Christmas and a happy New Year... and if you could ask for one set in 2014?

in Knights table Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:15 am
by Valdemar • 2.175 Posts

Hi all,

I would like to wish you and your families a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. The last question of 2013 and the first for 2014, if you could design ONE set for 2014, what would you choose? and any other wishes below...

My number ONE:
Medieval Hospital with wounded, surgeons and other staff... and a dog eating of the sawn of limbs

Other:
- Naval battle
- After the Raid (sledge or wagon loaded with goods)
- Mounted close cobalt (figures interacting)
- Castle defenders

What would you suggest?

Best regards

ValdemarMiniatures.com

Scroll up

RE: Merry Christmas and a happy New Year... and if you could ask for one set in 2014?

in Knights table Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:38 pm
by alex • 400 Posts

I also congratulate all the friends, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year ( my favorite holiday since childhood) ! I wish you all make dreams come true !
About plans for the next year ;
This ( 2013 ) , I did not have time to do a few sets of previously conceived , but I want them to do. These are:
- Population knight's castle , knight family , his parents , babies and their nannies , turn , grooms and other servants .
- Peasants engaged in many kinds of farm work
Also I would like to do :
- Several different types of artisans - glassblowers , masons , tailors, cobblers , potters
- Crew for Russian warship
- More added for ships ( longshoremen and others)
I hope that you will be this interesting.

Scroll up

RE: Merry Christmas and a happy New Year... and if you could ask for one set in 2014?

in Knights table Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:27 am

Well Alex, that is very, very interesting

Best regards

ValdemarMiniatures.com

Scroll up

in Knights table Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:42 am
by Ash • 53 Posts

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, friends!
I also hope that all your plans will come true!

Scroll up

in Knights table Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:03 pm

Thanks Ash, what set would you like the most?

Best regards

ValdemarMiniatures.com

Scroll up

in Knights table Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:05 pm
by Ash • 53 Posts

It's so hard to choose, you know

Scroll up

in Knights table Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:05 pm
by Paul´s Bods • 1.314 Posts

More civilians and non-fighting stuff please.
I like the Sound of the Medieval Hospital with wounded, surgeons and other staff... and a dog eating a sawn off limb and Alex´s Population of a knight's castle , knight family , parents , babies and their nannies , grooms and other servants , Peasants engaged in many kinds of farm work and the different types of artisans - glassblowers , masons , tailors, cobblers , potters.

Scroll up

in Knights table Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:59 am
by Ash • 53 Posts

I agree :-) Civilians are always not enough :-)
...I've got the idea to improve hospital set - I dream about plague set - plague doctors and their teams, monks, etc...
And another idea - the marriage ceremony - for royal and ordinary people!

Scroll up

in Knights table Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:26 pm
by Paul´s Bods • 1.314 Posts

Plague doctors...They could be represented by Monks. The "classic" plague doctor with the beak etc only appeared in the early 17th
century.
Marriage sets would be interesting although it would have to be a "romantic" view of one. If it was to be historicaly accurate ie; average marriage age based, the bride would have to be quite Young. Most commoner females being married as soon as they reached reproductive Age so around 12 and 13 yrs old, the same for the majority of Upperclass families, although they had a tendency to marry the females off much younger (7-13) for political /economic reasons.

Scroll up

in Knights table Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:32 am
by susofrick • 113 Posts

Alex had very nice ideas! I really like the knight-family stuff!

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 9 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: Peter Rathgeb
guest counter
Today were 400 guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1630 topics and 8628 posts.

0 members have been online today: