RE: battle at Lake Peipus, the decisive moment

in New masters and miniature news from all manufacturers Sat May 18, 2013 9:34 pm
by Valdemar • 2.175 Posts

And final layout...

Best regards

ValdemarMiniatures.com

Scroll up

RE: battle at Lake Peipus, casted Master JUN 2013

in New masters and miniature news from all manufacturers Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:12 pm

Hi all,

Finally I have received the castings and you can see the result below.

Best regards

ValdemarMiniatures.com

Scroll up

in New masters and miniature news from all manufacturers Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:52 am

And forgot to mention that the set is sculptured by Toma, next set from his hands will be complete soon and send for casting after July.

Best regards

ValdemarMiniatures.com

Scroll up

in New masters and miniature news from all manufacturers Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:23 pm
by toma • 251 Posts

Thanks Jens. Great to see this set in the metal. Next set is almooooost finished:)
One dead man needs some make-up:)

GREETINGS!
-----------------------------------------------------------------
My blog:
http://tomasminisworld.blogspot.com/
Scroll up

in New masters and miniature news from all manufacturers Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:03 am

Here is the set with a little painting added.

Best regards

ValdemarMiniatures.com

Scroll up

in New masters and miniature news from all manufacturers Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:18 am
by alex • 400 Posts

Great set up and great shape! Only one of the knights (who jumps off the horse) like ballet (Swan Lake, for example ...)

Scroll up

in New masters and miniature news from all manufacturers Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:54 am

might be, but with the downed horse this figure works perfectly and really looks like a knight who desperately tries to get up after his horse has been downed. Will upload picture from different angle soon

Best regards

ValdemarMiniatures.com

Scroll up

in New masters and miniature news from all manufacturers Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:25 pm
by RayCaruana • 241 Posts

Great set! I'm not painting much at the moment because I'm very involved in the aquarium and aquaculture scene right now (my profession). However, I hope to be back come winter, at least I hope :-(

When Mike Blank made this diorama some years ago, he was critisized on the downed horse, because the rider was placed like he was riding his mount facing backwards! He defended himself with artistic licence in order to keep the composition and drama. I agree 100% because of the high level of craftsmanship of the diorama. I was lucky to see it in the flesh!!!

Regards
Ray

FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1819406350 YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/user/reggaemalta

Scroll up

in New masters and miniature news from all manufacturers Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:23 am

Hi Ray,

So good to hear from you again and I think that we all hope to see some more incredible sets painted by you

Best regards

ValdemarMiniatures.com

Scroll up

Battle at Lake Peipus, quick painted diorama

in New masters and miniature news from all manufacturers Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:31 am

Hi,

I forgot to share my first attempt putting some paint on the figures...

Battle at lake peipus
lake peipus

Best regards

ValdemarMiniatures.com

Scroll up

RE: Battle at Lake Peipus, quick painted diorama

in New masters and miniature news from all manufacturers Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:58 pm
by Mich • 462 Posts

The soldier from the horse lying can not hold my attention.
Soldier position is abnormal ...

Mich, le côté obscure de la miniature...
Mon site perso:
http://www.michdioramas.com

Mail: mich@michdioramas.com
mobile: +41 79 357 14 77

Scroll up

in New masters and miniature news from all manufacturers Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:36 pm

Hi Mich,

Well now I finally do understand why people have been talking about this figure for so long. I now can see that it looks like he was riding his horse backwards. But I also agree with Ray that this makes a better diorama, but I would consider to do a diorama with the horse turned around.

Best regards

ValdemarMiniatures.com

Scroll up

in New masters and miniature news from all manufacturers Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:11 pm
by Paul´s Bods • 1.314 Posts

Maybe he´s jumping over the horse. If the horse was lying as it is and he was the rider as it fell then he would fall to one side or the other. If he fell to the left side it makes sense that he could be jumping over the horse.

Scroll up

in New masters and miniature news from all manufacturers Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:38 pm
by toma • 251 Posts

Paul, you have right. They are attacked and this knight is jumping over the horse to defend the bishop.

GREETINGS!
-----------------------------------------------------------------
My blog:
http://tomasminisworld.blogspot.com/
Scroll up

in New masters and miniature news from all manufacturers Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:01 pm

Just a cool set

Best regards

ValdemarMiniatures.com

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 22 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: Peter Rathgeb
guest counter
Today were 1005 guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1631 topics and 8629 posts.

0 members have been online today: