by Valdemar • 2.175 Posts

Beautiful! Just beautiful!!!

Best regards

ValdemarMiniatures.com

Scroll up

RE: finished tower roof

in What are you working on? Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:31 pm
by alex • 400 Posts

I also love all my friend! Better and more complex. Did you use any samples, real-life? I liked the inserted fragments of arches may builders in the Middle Ages used the fragments of older buildings - it was a common practice. However, it looks like unloading arch and generally "delicious" as I have said many times.
I would like to discuss this question - can not be destroyed by the elements to do? Fashion designers will be able to do it yourself, (but it is only a question and not a criticism)

Scroll up

in What are you working on? Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:00 pm
by Carlos Elias • 51 Posts

Hi Alex,
Everytime is a pleasure respond questions about this... and criticism is wellcome :)

When I dessing these pieces I have in mind volume and texture and all of two things are based in real things of medieval buildings. I´m fortunate to live in a country where you can find samples of these architecture in near every town or city, Here in Barcelona you can find a lot of these samples, that I will be glad to show you if one day you came here :)
I like make these buildings with "scars of life" more than pure architectural models and medieval stone buildings haeva big room for make this.
About arch, some times you must force a bit the reality for give more dramatism or adding history to building more that give the real thecnical construction. In this case I have employed a flying butress that is used in some chatedrals .
Over all I think that this pieces will be a good adding to people that collect your first class figures :)

some photos of diferent walls thta I use as inspiration for the texture of my walls

Scroll up

in What are you working on? Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:31 pm
by Valdemar • 2.175 Posts

When you did definitely get the realism into this latest piece, look forward to adding it to my modular castle system.

Merry Christmas and a happy new year

Best regards

ValdemarMiniatures.com

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 11 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: Peter Rathgeb
guest counter
Today were 179 guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1630 topics and 8628 posts.

0 members have been online today: