Redbox - WotR´s - Continental mercenaries.

in New masters and miniature news from all manufacturers Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:02 pm
by Paul´s Bods • 1.314 Posts

Replace the "telegraphpole pikes", a bit of fiddling with bits and pieces..not a bad set
http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/Review.aspx?id=2264

Scroll up

RE: Redbox - WotR´s - Continental mercenaries.

in New masters and miniature news from all manufacturers Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:27 am
by Valdemar • 2.175 Posts

I agree, their quality looks like it is getting better and better, but the poles are really bad

Best regards

ValdemarMiniatures.com

Scroll up

in New masters and miniature news from all manufacturers Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:03 pm

As someone noted on another forum..the PSR review is quite funny..
In this set however we have quite a wide array of weaponry, starting with the two men with very long spears/pikes in the top row. While their weapons are of an impressive length, unfortunately they are also of an impressive width. Each is about 2mm at the base, which scales up to almost 15 cms, so they are more tree-trunks than pikes that could be lifted and manoeuvred. Try getting your hand round something that thick and you will see it is impossible to grip, but the sculptor has got around this problem by failing to provide the first pikeman with any hands at all, while the second merely has the pike resting in his hand

Scroll up

in New masters and miniature news from all manufacturers Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:10 pm

Well that solves the problem... not! I got some 5cm pikes from a us manufacturer and these are really great as they can not bend and are very realistic!

Best regards

ValdemarMiniatures.com

Scroll up

in New masters and miniature news from all manufacturers Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:10 pm

Quote: Valdemar wrote in post #4
Well that solves the problem... not! I got some 5cm pikes from a us manufacturer and these are really great as they can not bend and are very realistic!

Sounds intereting..the pikes..metal or plastic?

Scroll up

in New masters and miniature news from all manufacturers Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:26 pm

They are made of metal, can not recommed the long ones as they become too thick, but the short spears are great!

http://www.northstarfigures.com/list.php?man=62&page=1

Best regards

ValdemarMiniatures.com

Scroll up

in New masters and miniature news from all manufacturers Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:03 pm

Wow! tehy look really good, they are cheap as well. The size (Diameter) is perfect...

Scroll up

in New masters and miniature news from all manufacturers Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:09 pm

Yes these works really well and I use them for all my spearmen.

Best regards

ValdemarMiniatures.com

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 10 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: Peter Rathgeb
guest counter
Today were 231 guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1630 topics and 8628 posts.

0 members have been online today: