My first conversion

in Knights table Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:41 pm
by Michigentile • 202 Posts

Here's my first conversion. A Lancer set "Medieval tournament" turned into a drummer. More photos on my blog. Hello

http://michigentilesmicroworld.blogspot....irst.html#links

Scroll up

RE: My first conversion

in Knights table Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:16 pm
by Ben90 • 430 Posts

looks really good. Nice idea!

Scroll up

in Knights table Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:59 am

TX Ben. I find it very fascinating to give a personal touch to the figures. This was just a first attempt and I hope to do better in the future. Tx 4 watching!

Scroll up

in Knights table Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:32 am
by Paul´s Bods • 1.314 Posts

Good idea. There´s not enough medieval drummers in any scale..strange as it became very popular in european armies after the first crusades. As far as I know, only Valdemar have any..the latest "alarm" set, the old version (now not on sale anymore?) and the one Alex made..the renaissance one. Three for all the thousands of medieval figs so far made!!!
The only thing I would say is that the drum is a bit low down, he would trip over it

Scroll up

in Knights table Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:35 am

is correct, Paul, there are too few drummers on the market 1/72, specially about medieval era. I attended in August at a parade where he was a group of not less than 30 drummers of the year 1400, with a spectacular (and sounds) amazing. I hope Alex reads this post, ehehehehehe

Scroll up

in Knights table Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:24 am
by Paul´s Bods • 1.314 Posts

And...there were armoured ones..or at least wearing helmet, greaves, cassion etc. As said elswhere, I have seen drummers in armour here in germany, and there are pics (which i cannot now find..not clear ones) of drummers in armour at the re-enactment of the battle of tewksbury, ok late medieval 1471 but still medieval.

Scroll up

in Knights table Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:29 pm
by Valdemar • 2.175 Posts

Well there is a great drummer in our latest released set, did you see that one?

I like the work and conversions are always fun to do as it is possible to totally camo the original figure. And actually I like this figure better as a drummer then as a knight at a tournament.

Best regards

ValdemarMiniatures.com

Scroll up

in Knights table Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:16 pm

yes, i know very wel your drummer and he is in my list to buy. In this project i need almost two drummers and so i decided to do them. Hello

Scroll up

in Knights table Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:16 pm
by Valdemar • 2.175 Posts

Well there are two drummers available in my range today. One in the new set "Alarm" and in one of the old sets...

Best regards

ValdemarMiniatures.com

Scroll up

in Knights table Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:12 am

very good. thanks for the news!

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 21 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: Peter Rathgeb
guest counter
Today were 1469 guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1628 topics and 8626 posts.

0 members have been online today: