Plastic or resin figures

in New masters and miniature news from all manufacturers Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:27 pm
by Peter Hallam • 1 Post

I love Valdemar's figures, but I don't like working with metal. I know that some sets have been produced in plastic or resin: could somebody please tell me where I can buy these? I have tried Fredercus Rex, but they only seem to have white metal.

Thanks

Scroll up

RE: Plastic or resin figures

in New masters and miniature news from all manufacturers Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:29 am
by Valdemar • 2.175 Posts

Hi Peter,

Some of the figures are still available in resin in some stores I think, could be KAMAR, KAMRAT, internet stores and WATERLOO. We did switch from resin to metal due to the fact that the quality of the casting are very very close, the cost is a bit lower but most important because that we did get many complains about broken resin parts. We had to replace these sets and it did cost a lot of money and we had two options, metal or close... we choose metal

Best regards

ValdemarMiniatures.com

Scroll up

in New masters and miniature news from all manufacturers Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:27 pm
by Paul´s Bods • 1.314 Posts

Quote: Peter Hallam wrote in post #1
I love Valdemar's figures, but I don't like working with metal. I know that some sets have been produced in plastic or resin: could somebody please tell me where I can buy these? I have tried Fredercus Rex, but they only seem to have white metal.

Thanks

Hi Peter and welcome to the forum.
Up until a year or so ago I was also a "no way metal" and only plastic or resin figs collector and painter..but as Jens has said the quality of metal has bcome so close to metal that I now happily add them to my collection. I know what you mean about not liking working with metal..it takes a bit of getting used to

Scroll up

in New masters and miniature news from all manufacturers Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:08 pm
by mummy • 4 Posts

dont buy thouse metal figures as long as many people dont buy thouse metal figures then valdemar and others must stopp making metal figures

Scroll up

in New masters and miniature news from all manufacturers Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:46 pm
by Valdemar • 2.175 Posts

Well close to correct... if People stop buying the metal figures then we would stop... but it would be stopping releasing figures and I hope that at least a few collectors would be sorry about that

I used to hate metal figures, but after painting a few resin/metal is the same for me, and I do like the heavy feel when working with metal figures. Details are the same, but metal is cheaper, does not break and is posable.

Have fun, and if you only want resin figures than I do know that Orion made some new sets of Byzantines.

Best regards

ValdemarMiniatures.com

Scroll up

in New masters and miniature news from all manufacturers Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:09 pm
by Ben90 • 430 Posts

The detail is great, even in metal...

Scroll up

in New masters and miniature news from all manufacturers Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:14 pm
by mummy • 4 Posts

as you may know from earlier post , orion does not make horvatian cavary figure or medival bath is it so hard to start makeing them in plastic

Scroll up

in New masters and miniature news from all manufacturers Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:26 pm
by Mich • 462 Posts

Personnellement, j'adore les figurines en résine.
Toutefois, après avoir peint un très très grand nombre de figurines en métal de chez ValdemarMiniatures, je peux vous assurer que la qualité est égale à celle de la résine.
De plus, comme indiqué, le métal est recyclable et pas la résine...
Dans tous les cas, ne jamais, mais jamais faire de figurines en plastique.
Une seule marque est capable à ce jour de sortir des figurines en plastique extraordiaine, et c'est Zvezda.
Orion n'arrive même pas à la semelle de Zvezda...
Ayant découvert les figurines ValdemarMiniatures et leur qualité de gravure, j'ai pour ainsi dire abandonné toutes les autres tailles...

Translation with google ***
Personally, I love the resin figures.
However, after painting a very large number of figurines in metal ValdemarMiniatures, I can assure you that the quality is equal to that of the resin.
In addition, as noted, the metal is not recyclable and resin ...
In any case, never, never make plastic figures.
One brand is able so far out figurines extraordiaine plastic, and it's Zvezda.
Orion is not even the sole Zvezda ...
Having discovered figurines ValdemarMiniatures and quality of engraving, I virtually abandoned all other sizes ...

Mich, le côté obscure de la miniature...
Mon site perso:
http://www.michdioramas.com

Mail: mich@michdioramas.com
mobile: +41 79 357 14 77

Scroll up

in New masters and miniature news from all manufacturers Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:05 pm
by lirui[CN] • 16 Posts

很幸运,我是买了我们国内树脂翻模板件才知道了VALDEMAR这个牌子,然后被精细的细节迷住了。在中国90%网络交易都是在淘宝网,整个淘宝网就一家卖VALDEMAR的:(而且都是很老的货了。也许11月底我们会组织一起购买一批:)很多人不知道怎么购买,而且担心路途上丢失,但是作为中世纪模型迷,VALDEMAR的东东我们爱不释手。对于国内的物价和消费水平,VALDEMAR的价位有点偏高,不知道能优惠些否?

MY POOR ENGLISH:Fortunately and lucky, I bought a resin copy in my country ,so I know VALDEMAR this brand, and be fascinated by the delicate details. 90% online transactions are on www.taobao.com in China, the whole taobao is a store sell VALDEMAR: ( and the goods are very old. Maybe we will group together at the end of November to buy a batch of:) a lot of people don't know how to buy, and worry about lost on the transport, but as a fan of medieval model, VALDEMAR stuff we fondle admiringly. For domestic prices and consumption level, VALDEMAR price is a little high, can discount a little?

Last edited Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:10 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 7 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: Peter Rathgeb
guest counter
Today were 35 guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1633 topics and 8631 posts.

0 members have been online today: