Creation of vegetation.

in Terrain Modelling Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:24 am
by Michigentile • 202 Posts

I do not know if frequent updates are of interest to all, but I publish this further stage of work for those who were interested in the development of the various phases of the diorama. Hello everyone.

Scroll up

RE: Creation of vegetation.

in Terrain Modelling Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:31 pm
by Paul´s Bods • 1.314 Posts

it´s very good...You will have to tell how you did the green pond / water weed effect on the water.

Scroll up

in Terrain Modelling Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:03 pm

ok Paul. Let me explain how I'm doing the river. First the effect of liquid water should be spread in layers (no more than 3 mm at a time). They expect a couple of days and, when the layer is dry stretches a new layer, until desired thickness. The effect of weed in the water I tried to get a coloring of the water effect with layers of acrylic color green algae. The formation of the river is a bit complicated and long, I started over a month ago and still have not finished. So too the waterfall, you have to wait until the gel is curdled and then put out a new layer of gel, and so on. Hope that helps. Best regards.

Scroll up

in Terrain Modelling Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:42 pm
by Valdemar • 2.175 Posts

Hi,

Very nice tutorial indeed and sounds like a long project, both with a splendid result.

Best regards

ValdemarMiniatures.com

Scroll up

in Terrain Modelling Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:18 pm

Quote: Michigentile wrote in post #3
ok Paul. Let me explain how I'm doing the river. First the effect of liquid water should be spread in layers (no more than 3 mm at a time). They expect a couple of days and, when the layer is dry stretches a new layer, until desired thickness. The effect of weed in the water I tried to get a coloring of the water effect with layers of acrylic color green algae. The formation of the river is a bit complicated and long, I started over a month ago and still have not finished. So too the waterfall, you have to wait until the gel is curdled and then put out a new layer of gel, and so on. Hope that helps. Best regards.

Thanks What make of gel are you using? I have tried lots of ways to make water..all have ended in failure

Scroll up

in Terrain Modelling Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:08 am

I am using two gel products, sold by Abbiati wargames, a clear + a mat. I can tell you that up to now are not very satisfied because we are working with some difficulty and still can not say what the final effect. We'll see how it is. Alternatively you can look at the posts on my blog (Palestinian crib) where I created the drinking water for animals with the simple transparent silicone and white acrylic, with very good results. See you soon

Scroll up

in Terrain Modelling Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:37 am

the work finished :

Scroll up

in Terrain Modelling Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:12 am

Excellent..the ist photo look so close to being real.

Scroll up

in Terrain Modelling Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:39 pm
by Valdemar • 2.175 Posts

I agree and I really do like the water as it has got this "flow" look

Best regards

ValdemarMiniatures.com

Scroll up

in Terrain Modelling Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:33 pm

not entirely satisfied ... but the result is quite acceptable and plausible. In particular, I promote the liquid water effect of Toffano as great product, but I think the two poor gel used to achieve the effect foam and ripples are unsatisfactory.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 11 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: Peter Rathgeb
guest counter
Today were 292 guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1630 topics and 8628 posts.

0 members have been online today: