in Gallery and comments Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:55 pm
by alex • 400 Posts

Hi , Paul !
Very good wood coloring !

Last edited Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:55 pm | Scroll up

RE: Petraria Arcatinus

in Gallery and comments Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:33 pm
by Paul´s Bods • 1.314 Posts

Thanks Alex...This worked better than my usual method of painting wood.. The model was already painted with gloss black and all I did was use my usual method over it..a new discovery maybe

Scroll up

in Gallery and comments Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:51 pm
by Michigentile • 202 Posts

I usually use a light color, such as sand, for the bottom of the "young" wooden, or black for the bottom of the "old". Then brush both with brown. What do you think?

Scroll up

in Gallery and comments Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:23 am
by Paul´s Bods • 1.314 Posts

Zitat von Michigentile
I usually use a light color, such as sand, for the bottom of the "young" wooden, or black for the bottom of the "old". Then brush both with brown. What do you think?

That´s my usual method....but instead of black I always use very dark brown and then ever lighter tones finally adding yellow into the mix or..light brown and then up to adding white and yellow.
With the Petraria Arcatinus, they had painted it with gloos black. I thought then that i could leave out one layer of dark brown..and becuase I used acrylics..it made the paint disperse..meaning I had to use thicker paint but it still missed some of the lower areas. I like the effect though...a sort of "discovery by mistake"..a new way of painting "old - used" wood for me.

Scroll up

in Gallery and comments Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:48 pm
by Valdemar • 2.175 Posts

A very beutiful piece and I do agree that the painting of the wood is absolutely fantastic!

Best regards

ValdemarMiniatures.com

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 17 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: Peter Rathgeb
guest counter
Today were 583 guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1631 topics and 8629 posts.

0 members have been online today: