Crusader transport 1 Strelets

in New masters and miniature news from all manufacturers Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:16 am
by Paul´s Bods • 1.314 Posts

Interesting looking set...does anyone see something ..."familiar"?

Scroll up

RE: Crusader transport 1 Strelets

in New masters and miniature news from all manufacturers Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:14 am
by Michigentile • 202 Posts

I seem to recognize some of Andreas figures (the plague doctor, for ex.) is not so?

Scroll up

in New masters and miniature news from all manufacturers Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:16 am
by Michigentile • 202 Posts

who produced this set?

Scroll up

in New masters and miniature news from all manufacturers Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:26 am
by Valdemar • 2.175 Posts

Well some of the figures looks like the work from Andreas and the two kids looks like figures from the Alex set children... Alex are just in my mind much better 😃

Best regards

ValdemarMiniatures.com

Scroll up

in New masters and miniature news from all manufacturers Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:06 pm

That´s exactly what I thought. The child riding piggy back, the priest mopping his brow, the plague doctor...as soon as I saw them I thought.."I have seen this poses somewhere before"
It´s bound to happen that similar poses come out I suppose and I´m always happy to see more civilians..

Zitat von Michigentile
who produced this set?

Strelets.

Last edited Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:08 pm | Scroll up

in New masters and miniature news from all manufacturers Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:11 pm

Sorry, I forgot..the set also comes with wagons

this one explains the male and female figs holding thier hands the way they are;

Scroll up

in New masters and miniature news from all manufacturers Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:53 pm
by SamSagace • 289 Posts

interesting set!
It's a very large one!
I'm surprised by the "copies"
Do you have some explanations about that?

Blog:

Scroll up

in New masters and miniature news from all manufacturers Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:01 am

Zitat von SamSagace
interesting set!
It's a very large one!
I'm surprised by the "copies"
Do you have some explanations about that?

my idea is..they are not direct copies..neither the sculpts or poses but maybe it´s like, you start to make or paint something from new, but in the subconscious there are already pictures of things which you then add to whatever it is you are doing without realising and suddenly you have something that looks very similar to something that already exists.

I did this once for art lessons ..I got bits of an old bycycle,,,the handle bars and the seat...in my mind I saw the seat as the face and the handlebars as the horns of a bull. I welded them together, spraypainted them and attached them to a piece of wood so it looked like a trophy. I was very pleased and lots of people said it was clever until!!!!!!! Someone saw it and said "AHA, you like Salvador Dahli?" Salvador Dahli had done virtually the exact same thing years before. Maybe I had seen his sculpt and had it in my subconscious....Luckily I didn´t try to sell it as an original idea!!!!

Scroll up

in New masters and miniature news from all manufacturers Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:32 pm
by Andreas • 185 Posts

Ich persönlich nehme ganz entscheiden Abstand von jeglicher Spekulation in Bezug auf eventuelle Ähnlichkeiten meiner Figuren wie z.B. den Pestdoktor . Ich habe diese Spekulationen weder initiiert noch werde ich diese teilen oder eventuell entstehende Eindrücke fördern .

Scroll up

in New masters and miniature news from all manufacturers Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:58 pm
by Steven • 267 Posts

Personally Andreas, I think that the guys more think that your figures have been seen and copied.

Noone thinks that you copied anything. Thats my opinion.

Scroll up

in New masters and miniature news from all manufacturers Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:40 pm
by Andreas • 185 Posts
Last edited Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:42 pm | Scroll up

in New masters and miniature news from all manufacturers Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:30 pm

Well I have No problem that Strelets was inspired by Valdemar or by Andreas. I did actually help Strelets design one of their earlier medieval sets. Personally I am just happy that other companies does medieval.

And I also do not like the Strelets sculpturing that much, think it is a bit "bulky"

Best regards

ValdemarMiniatures.com

Scroll up

in New masters and miniature news from all manufacturers Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:35 pm
by Andreas • 185 Posts

I like Strelets and have also no Problem with Inspiration ...their Doctor is just one Part of a Set and if it is inspired by mine i would take it as a Compliment .
But i can not speak for Strelets .... would they like comments like Sams posting?

Scroll up

in New masters and miniature news from all manufacturers Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:50 pm

Well none can speak for Strelets, but as long as they do medieval stuff then I am happy

Best regards

ValdemarMiniatures.com

Scroll up

in New masters and miniature news from all manufacturers Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:16 am
by SamSagace • 289 Posts

I'm sorry Andreas !! I didn't want to offence you or start in a bad discussion! (you know what I think of your work!!!....)
I'd talked before thinking!!!
Paul is right: the figure is a common character in plague epidemic....

I hope that it's ok now?

Blog:

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 9 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: Peter Rathgeb
guest counter
Today were 83 guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1628 topics and 8626 posts.

0 members have been online today: