RE: Medieval Kogge completed

in New masters and miniature news from all manufacturers Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:34 pm
by Valdemar • 2.175 Posts

Here you can see the back part of the ship

Back of the kogge

Best regards

ValdemarMiniatures.com

Scroll up

in New masters and miniature news from all manufacturers Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:00 am
by Denis • 11 Posts

Still do not get it . All models are now born out of 3D drawings and from there molds are made out of steel or aluminum (cheaper but not as good). Newer molds are also called sliding molds with parts that are movable so the finish product can be easily removed and so more intricate molds are used. Do not understand from the 3D to the printing and how that will go to make parts out of a printer. Are we buying the "blueprint"? What is the model made of? My question is what am I buying, it is not plastic, not resin, not paper, certainly not metal. To get any model from a computer design 3D or 2 dimensional there must be another step in between. I cannot understand the part that " they put the files to the printer and when printed they ship the parts in one box". Sorry, but I am very curious about this model which look very impressive .

Scroll up

in New masters and miniature news from all manufacturers Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:18 am
by alex • 400 Posts
Scroll up

in New masters and miniature news from all manufacturers Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:38 am
by Paul´s Bods • 1.314 Posts

Tha looks incredible!!!! The one thing...how could it be possible to paint the details..to get "around" the corners with a brush?

Last edited Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:38 am | Scroll up

in New masters and miniature news from all manufacturers Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:39 pm
by Denis • 11 Posts

Wow, this is amazing. Did no know that this even existed at this level. For the painting it appear that an airbrush would be needed and even then some areas may be difficult to access but Shep Payne once said if you can see it you can paint it(or some thing like that). Can't wait to see the finish product.

Scroll up

in New masters and miniature news from all manufacturers Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:31 pm

First sample should arrive tomorrow and the final version should be ready by mid january. This project has become more and more complicated but soon you should be able to see the results...

Best regards

ValdemarMiniatures.com

Scroll up

in New masters and miniature news from all manufacturers Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:02 pm

Hi all,

I just got the first test shot of the kogge and when looking at it besides the Zvezda kogge then I have to agree that the Zvezda model is closer to 28mm... but the new kogge is spot on

medieval kogge model 1st print

Best regards

ValdemarMiniatures.com

Scroll up

in New masters and miniature news from all manufacturers Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:05 pm

I like the look of it as it is..no paint..like a ghost ship.

Th "zvezda" cog is 1/50 - 1/56th..Typical of Revell at the time. I´ve seen it used on other forums for 28mm figs..it looks perfect with them on board.

Scroll up

in New masters and miniature news from all manufacturers Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:33 pm

Well this one will be 1/72 scale and fit the miniatures nicely. As soon as completed we plan to do a riverboat used by the Teutonic order and later a second version of this Cog, with a different bow and stern...

Best regards

ValdemarMiniatures.com

Scroll up

in New masters and miniature news from all manufacturers Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:32 pm

A whole fleet!!!!! Are they planned for a future project??

Scroll up

in New masters and miniature news from all manufacturers Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:41 pm

Well not actually, I just like the medieval times and the ships as these were very essential. Think that we also all need some more and different wagons at some point.

Best regards

ValdemarMiniatures.com

Scroll up

in New masters and miniature news from all manufacturers Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:55 pm

Thanks. I thought that they may be for a future crusades project that is coming.
More wagons/transport ...definately

Scroll up

in New masters and miniature news from all manufacturers Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:48 pm

Well here you can see the first prototype primed with grey... I did drop it twice from my table, so part of the back has been reconstructed...

Did some fixes and soon the second prototype will be on the way.

model ship primed

Best regards

ValdemarMiniatures.com

Scroll up

in New masters and miniature news from all manufacturers Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:53 pm

just got the final sample of the 3D model and it works, only two minor breaks which can easily be repaired. will try to assemble the two half tomorrow and upload images :0)

Best regards

ValdemarMiniatures.com

Scroll up

in New masters and miniature news from all manufacturers Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:26 am
by Mich • 462 Posts

When will it sell it ?

Mich, le côté obscure de la miniature...
Mon site perso:
http://www.michdioramas.com

Mail: mich@michdioramas.com
mobile: +41 79 357 14 77

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 10 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: Peter Rathgeb
guest counter
Today were 643 guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1631 topics and 8629 posts.

0 members have been online today: