RE: Medieval large kogge

in What are you working on? Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:55 pm
by alex • 400 Posts

I think that our age - the earlier, so I would predpchel ballista instead of guns .. But it is important to properly research a historical science.

Scroll up

in What are you working on? Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:02 pm
by Valdemar • 2.175 Posts

I agree, some nice balistas would bebetter

Best regards

ValdemarMiniatures.com

Scroll up

in What are you working on? Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:06 pm

But even better a crew fighting from the ship against another ship, which are a little lower/smaler... if you get a hint

Best regards

ValdemarMiniatures.com

Scroll up

in What are you working on? Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:25 pm
by Denis • 11 Posts

I would be willing to buy such a ship, I guess the price would be about twice the cost of the Zvevda model. Would it be resin or styrene?
Also to cut cost a waterline option and a full hull version could be made available. The Zvevda way of fitting the bottom hull to the rest of the hull is a nightmare to fix. Re-planking with real wood is a way to overcome this problem. A better solution would be to have theoption of two hull or have the full hull scored inside for easy removal.

Scroll up

in What are you working on? Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:09 pm

Hi Denis,

Thanks for your mail. The ship will initially only be available in a waterline version. It will not be resin or styrene, but plastic, it will actually as it looks today come in a front and back part, a mast/sail and a cargo set. This ship is not yet physical, it only exits on the artists computer and the idea is that collector login, buy and 10 days later these 4 parts are delivered by UPS worldwide.

Regarding the planking etc. then this ship has been by some german experts, so it should be rather close to a real Kogge, for instance there is no cargo hatch, as the way it worked was that the deck planks was lifted up.

Best regards

ValdemarMiniatures.com

Scroll up

in What are you working on? Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:15 pm
by Denis • 11 Posts

Hope that the hull will be in one piece or split in the middle which is best for model hulls, also the mast is not essential. Anyone buying such a model is more likely to be able to make one out of wood. All my ship kits have wood masts. Also could make it more affordable by not including a sail. Plastic sails are usually not very good and many modelers use real fabric dyed in tea or coffee. Those items (mast and sail ) could be made available as separate items for those that like to use them.The instruction would have detailed graphic and maybe a few photos of the real ship riggings. A good reference for cogs is the Conway's History of the ship "Cogs, caravels and galleons". It was published by Brassey in the 90's and I am sure that there are more up to date info but it is a good place to start. I have about 40 of your figures, sadly they do not fit the Zvevda cog because of the scale differential.I am aware that some modelers have used it very successfully but I have a mental block when it comes to scale!!! So I will save them and hope to see your project be successful. I have started to save my $$$.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 7 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: Peter Rathgeb
guest counter
Today were 390 guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1631 topics and 8629 posts.

0 members have been online today: