Collectors want to know

in Knights table Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:25 am
by Andreas • 185 Posts

Hi at all
I think this is a good chance to ask Jens and Alex about Valdemar .

My Question :
How will you decide wich of our suggested Sets you maybe realize ?
Does Alex what he likes most or will you ask again and Alex does the one the most Poeple want ?

Some of the Ideas are fantastic ...

Thanks in Advance

Scroll up

RE: Collectors want to know

in Knights table Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:46 pm
by Steven • 267 Posts

I have a question, too:

The other hobby I have is medieval reenactment, so I have a lot of photos from fights. Maybe you would like me to post some to get some new real poses?

Scroll up

in Knights table Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:01 pm
by alex • 400 Posts

sorry, my friends, I have been very busy ... all the ideas. which you said is very interesting! Some of them I also keep in my head and held discussions with Jens
I do not know in what order it will be realized. There are now kits that I have not finished: "bath" for this set is made of several pieces. There are also several plans that we discussed with Jens as the next releases.
Also, I want to say how I'm doing figure: after it becomes clear idea, I'm starting to do the skeletons and put them on stands
and put them on your desk. And then, depending on the inspiration, pick some skeletons and make shapes. So sometimes I make a few sets at the same time.
Thus, perhaps many of the ideas will be initiated immediately. but the ending can be on different dates.

Scroll up

in Knights table Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:13 pm
by Andreas • 185 Posts

Thanks Alex , that´s the way i do it with my Projekts , doing Basic works and then i need some distance ...
So many things started , and still new ideas .
Another Question , what always happens when i sculpt , is the layers get too thick ..
I do the Skeleton with a first very thin layer , then i do the next layer to give the Figure the shape of the Body , still looks good but the last layer then get´s too strong .
Do you shape the Skeleton as body or do you sculpt the Figure in one layer at the skeleton ?

Maybe when your not as busy you can make small Tutorial with an " easy " Figure ? Maybe some would try it too ?

Thanks in Advance

Scroll up

in Knights table Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:09 am
by Alex

Well, Andreas. I did a small report and it was on Benno forum.
Maybe it was too short. I have done here in more detail. There is some problem: I make a sculpture of the evening or at night, and good photo can be done only during the day. But then I'll think of something with good artificial lighting and then do a normal report.

Scroll up

in Knights table Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:58 am
by Ben90 • 430 Posts

When you use greenstuff for modelling, then you could use a very sharp knife to cut off some material where it would be too thick after the next layer.

Last edited Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:58 am | Scroll up

in Knights table Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:13 am
by Andreas • 185 Posts

Thanks again , i think i have to lern to sculpt without second layer , cutting off after sculpting ruins the shape .

Scroll up

in Knights table Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:31 am
by Ben90 • 430 Posts

I´ve got a question: When will the falling knights #2 be availiable in germany? Onlineshops like "Kamar-Zinnfiguren" and "Fuhrmann-Figuren" don´t have them yet. Does anyone know a shop where I can buy them?

Scroll up

in Knights table Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:37 am
by Valdemar • 2.175 Posts

First regarding the initial question I can only say that Alex has free hands and free mind and does what he feels like, I and other collectors are just so priviliged to lay in his slip stream and get great miniatures.

For me I can only say that some of the ideas are great and a plaugue set keeps running around in my head along with the Ritterschlag...

And yes, Alex should do a tutorial step by step with photos, think that we all can agree on that

Best regards

ValdemarMiniatures.com

Scroll up

in Knights table Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:06 pm
by jonyoak • 11 Posts

I would love to see some step by step tutorials. Firstly I would find them extremely to view, and secondly, I would hope to pick up some tips for conversions.

Scroll up

in Knights table Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:26 pm
by Valdemar • 2.175 Posts

Well check this link, it is our Jedi master Alex who made a tutorial:

Tutorial by Alex

Best regards

ValdemarMiniatures.com

Scroll up

in Knights table Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:44 am
by Ben90 • 430 Posts

I´ve seen a roman centurio made by alex in an internet forum. I know that you only produce medieval figures but this one looks so nice!!! Is there any chance to produce him, maybe as a special figure? I´m working, next to my crecy diorama, on a dio that shows the battle at teutoburg forest, so a great-looking roman officer would be nice :-)

http://www.bennosfigures.com/forum/searc...0&submit=Search

Last edited Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:45 am | Scroll up

in Knights table Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:47 pm
by Jager • 178 Posts

it's incredible! I just think a larg scale would be good like 60mm.
The detail is superb, the larg scale would be realistic

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 16 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: Peter Rathgeb
guest counter
Today were 1493 guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1628 topics and 8626 posts.

0 members have been online today: