Self modelled figures

in Modelling tutorials and painting Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:35 pm
by Ben90 • 430 Posts

Hi all, some time ago (about 2 years) I´ve tried to make my own figures. Here´s the result. The shields, sword and helmet of the kneeling knight were taken from plastic sets, so they are not self-made. The funny thing is, that I wanted such a pose so much and some weeks later Valdemar miniatures brought a battle-set on the market with nearly the same pose

Attached pictures:
ritter gefecht.jpg

Last edited Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:40 pm | Scroll up

RE: Self modelled figures

in Modelling tutorials and painting Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:48 pm
by Steven • 267 Posts

great one, I really like it!

Scroll up

in Modelling tutorials and painting Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:29 pm
by alex • 400 Posts

I think that you need to continue to make shapes. I, like many, began to sculpt because there were no such figures, as I wanted. Now many manufacturers are doing a lot of figures. But there is always something that no one will do, or done later. Therefore, I think we should try to do it yourself to anyone who likes it. And I'll always be glad to help and answer questions if anyone would want this.

Scroll up

in Modelling tutorials and painting Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:07 am
by Andreas • 185 Posts

Yeah....well done .
Same Story , i did 2 falling Knights , was very proud and send an E-mail to Jens with some Images .
The same day Jens wrote back and showed me the 2 Set of falling Knight´s . One Pose is very close to mine , no need to say his was much better . But i need to say it ain´t a very unusual Pose , so to do the nearly same is easy possible .

In Germany we would say
Sachen gibt´s ...die gibt´s garnicht .

Scroll up

in Modelling tutorials and painting Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:25 am
by Ben90 • 430 Posts

Foto bitte...

Scroll up

in Modelling tutorials and painting Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:57 pm
by Andreas • 185 Posts

You ask for a Foto , here it is :

Scroll up

in Modelling tutorials and painting Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:38 pm
by Steven • 267 Posts

both of you great work

Scroll up

in Modelling tutorials and painting Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:47 pm
by Ben90 • 430 Posts

yeah, great... one can feel his pain

Scroll up

in Modelling tutorials and painting Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:08 pm
by Ben90 • 430 Posts

Here is a little conversion that won´t make it on my diorama. It´s an english longbowman taunting the french knights. He is one of my first conversions but I realized that he doesn´t fit to the other archers because they are all in action... The basic figure was a french crossbowman from zvezda converted by unsing milliput. Hope you like it :-p

Attached pictures:
longbowman.png

Last edited Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:08 pm | Scroll up

in Modelling tutorials and painting Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:49 pm
by Steven • 267 Posts

he is a brave man, *g* taunting a knight as a longbowman, hehehe but I like him. It is something special

Scroll up

in Modelling tutorials and painting Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:41 am
by alex • 400 Posts

Andreas, a good figure! I would only advise to do an experiment mixing "green stuff" and Magik sculpt.
Ben - I will not say "this guy I like," so as not to cause incorrect laughter ... But it's a great conversion that can do more than any living diorama! Beautiful work!

Scroll up

in Modelling tutorials and painting Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:23 am
by Andreas • 185 Posts

Ben , well done , lol . Reminds me on Braveheart and i hope it will make it on a little Vignette .
Ilike it very much .
I think you should really try to sculpt more .

Alex , thank you , that is what i´m trying yet , this falling Knight , to be honest is just basic , good for trying movement and proportions . The Details are grap .
And Magic Sculp is completly different to work with , it will need some Practice .
And i still have to take more Attention at the Details . You will see it when the tired marching Knight is painted .
There are some little Mistakes that i don´t redo to show .

Scroll up

in Modelling tutorials and painting Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:53 pm
by Paul´s Bods • 1.314 Posts

I like him....he could be usefull for a couple of things....for instance not only sticking his bum out to taunt but he could be put behind a bush...it looks like he may just be getting ready to have a ****

Scroll up

in Modelling tutorials and painting Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:11 pm
by Valdemar • 2.175 Posts

Very nice conversion, historically I think that the archers showed their bowfingers like a V, and that is why the French did cut of their fingers when they took archers as prisoners.

Best regards

ValdemarMiniatures.com

Scroll up

in Modelling tutorials and painting Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:40 pm
by Ben90 • 430 Posts

Yes, it´s the origin of the "victory-sign"... I´ve got another archer showing his two fingers but I don´t really like him...

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 18 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: Peter Rathgeb
guest counter
Today were 925 guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1631 topics and 8629 posts.

0 members have been online today: