RE: plastic, metal or resin

in New masters and miniature news from all manufacturers Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:47 pm
by Jager • 178 Posts

Sins your produce high figures whit great detail,
perhaps photo etched parts would be something?
I mean for belts,flags,horse belts and shield detail maybe

Scroll up

in New masters and miniature news from all manufacturers Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:03 pm
by Chris • 19 Posts

Perhaps it' possible to produce figures in metal with the detail of resine figures. I think about hecker's figures ! I know Jens like them... There is no base and I 's better to put metal pin.

Scroll up

in New masters and miniature news from all manufacturers Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:59 pm
by Valdemar • 2.175 Posts

Well actually I think that we have a better quality on the new metal sets then Heckler and Gorus, and as Chris mentions these are highly recomendable.

Best regards

ValdemarMiniatures.com

Scroll up

in New masters and miniature news from all manufacturers Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:14 am
by Godehardt • 4 Posts

Well, for reasons of easy glueing part together, I generally would prefer plasic of the polystyrene type as used, e.g., by Preiser. They achieve superb results meanwhile in their 1/72 range (see www.plasicsoldierreview.com). The soft type of plastic as used by Zvezda (and a similar type by Pegasus) is better since it allows small undercuts, however, you have to use this cyano-acrylate glue if a figurine has to be composed of several parts (the new set of Swedish artillery by Zvezda shows the detail you can get with this material). In all cases, the mould production process is quite expensive and only useful if the output of figures can be big enough.

Scroll up

in New masters and miniature news from all manufacturers Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:38 pm
by jonyoak • 11 Posts

Interesting point. My preference is always for metal figures. I like the weight and feel of metal. My figures are used for gaming and displays in a group, I do not make dioramas, so it is preferable for me to have bases. However, perhaps the bases could be cast separately?

Scroll up

in New masters and miniature news from all manufacturers Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:45 pm
by Endstille • 119 Posts

Metal ... no probs with breaking parts and it feels much better if the miniatures have a litte more weight than plastic/resin

Scroll up

in New masters and miniature news from all manufacturers Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:14 pm
by Valdemar • 2.175 Posts

Hi All,

Yes I also think that metal is the best material at this point, but a resin compound with a little flexibility could also be interesting.

Best regards

ValdemarMiniatures.com

Scroll up

in New masters and miniature news from all manufacturers Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:00 pm
by Paul´s Bods • 1.314 Posts

A resin compound...yes...metal...I don´t like very much

Scroll up

in New masters and miniature news from all manufacturers Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:51 am
by Keith • 16 Posts

My favourite option would be metal. Detail is generally very good.
I like the resin compound for detail, but my crossbow set was quite damaged when it arrived (hurt by the metal cavalry in the box I think) and it can be a bit of a chore to repair things. Metal strikes a good compromise and feels good in the hand.

Not much of a fan of plastic in general, but would give anything Valdemar try a go :)

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 8 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: Peter Rathgeb
guest counter
Today were 114 guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1630 topics and 8628 posts.

0 members have been online today: