Medieval levy

in Gallery and comments Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:33 pm
by Paul´s Bods • 1.314 Posts

The second set of two. I like the stumpy style to these guys...they look like a medieval bunch of hired thugs would look like.

A couple of other views here but it´s just the same from left or right

Scroll up

RE: Medieval levy

in Gallery and comments Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:50 am
by Andreas • 185 Posts

These are well done Paul and i like Strelets too .

Scroll up

in Gallery and comments Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:21 pm
by Valdemar • 2.175 Posts

Well painted, personally I am not that found of Strelets as I think that the miniatures not always has the same quality... but they have many very interesting subjects.

Best regards

ValdemarMiniatures.com

Scroll up

in Gallery and comments Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:16 pm
by SamSagace • 289 Posts

... some are really bad, but others, even not perfect, are good and original and sometimes funny!
I like them.... even they are not so easy to paint!!
Good work Paul!

Scroll up

in Gallery and comments Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:36 pm

I´ve been avoiding strelets up until now but seeing as my painting fingers were running out of medieval subjects I thought I would give them a go. They aren´t as bad as some of the strelets previous sets....who remembers the 2 dacian sets!!!?
Height wise they stand quite well alongside most other makes and mixed in amongst my Airfix /Zvezda / valdemar peasant army they seem to cover any gaps in height and style...a sort of bridging set betwwen the higher and lower quality.
The medieval britian set...the extra one that comes in the boxed set i dare not touch...not because they are bad...they are in fact very good but I only have the one set and I don´t like the idea of giving out another 35 - 40 euros to get spares.

Scroll up

in Gallery and comments Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:16 am
by SamSagace • 289 Posts

Medieval Britain is really a nice and amazing set! I've one too, but the problem is all the boxes of others sets sell with!
it's also hard to find! It takes me a long time before I found one (on e-bay: correct price...)

Scroll up

in Gallery and comments Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:36 am

There´s an attempt to get the set re-leased...just the civilian part on it´s own...it may work

Last edited Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:36 am | Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 16 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: Peter Rathgeb
guest counter
Today were 563 guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1630 topics and 8628 posts.

0 members have been online today: