in Modelling tutorials and painting Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:09 pm
by Paul´s Bods • 1.314 Posts

Home made multi purpose bases.

The How to here

Scroll up

RE: wargames bases

in Modelling tutorials and painting Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:50 pm
by SamSagace • 289 Posts

...... saw them on your blog...... I don't understand why you glue the figs bases? I believed that it was a provisory base where you can put, turn, change, etc... each fig!
It's a good, easy, cheap, quick (....) idea!

Scroll up

in Modelling tutorials and painting Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:51 pm

The figs aren´t glued into the wargaming base...they are already on round bases that fit into the holes of the wargaming base. The wargaming base makes it easier to move 1o figs in one go rather than 10 figs, each at a time.
(pity photobucket is waiting until the begining of next month!!)

Scroll up

in Modelling tutorials and painting Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:08 pm
by Valdemar • 2.175 Posts

A really good idea, I personally use the bases from Hordes and Heroes.

Best regards

ValdemarMiniatures.com

Scroll up

in Modelling tutorials and painting Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:00 pm
by Endstille • 119 Posts

is this a fantasy wargame? because a black eagle on a green field isn't correct heraldic

Scroll up

in Modelling tutorials and painting Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:15 pm

Just to help me... why is this not correct heraldic? And yes I think Paul did these as sherif Nottingham... I have seen this heraldic style somewhere before, but can not remember where...

Best regards

ValdemarMiniatures.com

Scroll up

in Modelling tutorials and painting Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:50 pm
by Ben90 • 430 Posts

There are heraldic rules. Some colors are not allowed to be next to some others etc...

Scroll up

in Modelling tutorials and painting Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:48 am

Interesting, did these rules apply for all of Europe or just for parts of Europe. I think that in some of the Nordic parts of Scandinavia, they did have their own rules.

Best regards

ValdemarMiniatures.com

Scroll up

in Modelling tutorials and painting Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:30 pm
by Endstille • 119 Posts

The rule is:

colors (green, blue, black, red, sometimes purple)
metals (silver/white, gold/yellow)

- no color on another color
- no metal on anther metal (exception: the Kingdom of Jerusalem: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Jerusalem / and the Vatican State)

because you can better recognize on a distance an black eagle on a yellow or white field than on a green/blue/red/black shield.

If your german isn't that bad Jens try this page: http://www.dr-bernhard-peter.de/Heraldik/farbregel.htm

But you're right ... there some other exceptions (but heraldic wrong) and some other colors like grey, brown, flesh and you have additional furs like ermine/vair/potent.

Reglen for farvelægning er, at man skal veksle farverne med metal, det vil sige at opdelinger ikke må være guld/sølv eller blå/rød, men gerne guld/rød osv.
Ligeledes skal en farve sættes på metal eller omvendt. En guldløve sættes ikke sølvbund, men på blåt eller en anden farve.
Reglen er til for at skabe kontrast i skjoldet, så symbolerne kunne ses på lang afstand.

Scroll up

in Modelling tutorials and painting Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:22 pm

1. I copied the artwork from the Airfix box...although my green looks a bit greener my photos than in real life or the box art does.
http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/Boxes/AIR01721Box.jpg
It´s my intention to paint every set of figs that airfix ever brought out..using as a basis for colour schemes the box art wherever possible, wether it be historically correct or not. For instance, the flag on this set:
http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/Boxes/AIR01740Box.jpg
Not only are the figs soooooo badly incorrect but the box art is very bad...the flag...wrong, but I used the design anyway...it is the box art and is in line with my "quest"

2. I don´t stick to historical accuracy to closely. I tried this with my ancients and to be honest got bored and frustrated with the restrictions of historical accuracy when dealing with a piece of plastic/metal that is 2.5 cms tall.

I am buidling 2 Generic medieval armies (with generic siege and supply sets) one the reds, the others the blues. Originally they were to be based along the lines of french and english armies of the 100 yrs wars and using only one pose in each army..no repeats, only conversions allowed, but they have rapidly grown and been added to from other medieval periods. This is why you will see different countries banners and shield designs within each army.

What you say about the heraldry is correct but not for me

Last edited Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:27 pm | Scroll up

in Modelling tutorials and painting Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:39 pm
by Ben90 • 430 Posts

In some cases the heraldic rules weren´t used... for example the banner of England (red and blue fields next to each other). So I think Paul´s black eagle on green ground isn´t really wrong. And it looks too cool to be wrong

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 10 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: Peter Rathgeb
guest counter
Today were 902 guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1631 topics and 8629 posts.

0 members have been online today: