Knight kneeling

in New masters and miniature news from all manufacturers Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:25 am
by Valdemar • 2.175 Posts

We have just finished this master of a knight kneeling, what do you think?

The following contents have been linked to this post:
knight kneeling
knight kneeling5
knight kneeling 2
knight kneeling 3
knight kneeling 4

Best regards

ValdemarMiniatures.com

Scroll up

RE: Knight kneeling

in New masters and miniature news from all manufacturers Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:49 am
by Andreas • 185 Posts

Man and Horse , just fantastic .....
The Horse should rest too , it seems to walk , possible , but a very special Moment to realize in a Diorama .
But i like it ....

Scroll up

in New masters and miniature news from all manufacturers Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:15 pm
by Steven • 267 Posts

This looks nearly like the moment at the second crusade as Richard the lionhearth and his army fist saw the city of Jerusalem. Many of them felt on their knees and prayed. This would be just the figure for this moment. But as Andreas said, the Horse have to stand. maybe shaking his head or so?

Scroll up

in New masters and miniature news from all manufacturers Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:41 pm
by Andreas • 185 Posts

When the Knights first saw Jerusalem was in my Mind too ... i thougt about the 1st Crusade .

I´m a bit confused about Richard . He was one of the Leaders of the 3 rd Crusade and he never saw Jerusalem .

Or am i wrong ?

Scroll up

in New masters and miniature news from all manufacturers Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:23 pm
by Steven • 267 Posts

yes, my fault, it was the 3rd crusade. But Richard reached Jerusalem. He saw the city but then decided to turn and went bach to Akko. He never attacked Jerusalem and made a peacecontract with Saladin

Scroll up

in New masters and miniature news from all manufacturers Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:54 am

Well yes, Richard did reach Jerusalem but never attacked or entered the city. This was actually also when the allience with the French King began to break. BBC did a series "Heroes and Villians" and I can highly recommend the one with Richard The Lionheart.

You are right about the horse, maybe it should be standing still, but actually the idea was a knight who did fall of and then tries to get up, holding on to his horse who is ready to join the charge again

But maybe the master makes more sence as an english knight or king...

Best regards

ValdemarMiniatures.com

Scroll up

in New masters and miniature news from all manufacturers Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:27 pm
by peter • 13 Posts

This looks very promesing

Greetings Peter

Last edited Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:28 pm | Scroll up

in New masters and miniature news from all manufacturers Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:52 pm

Thanks, hope that he will be available in January or beginning of February.

Best regards

ValdemarMiniatures.com

Scroll up

in New masters and miniature news from all manufacturers Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:52 pm
by Steven • 267 Posts

will you keep your idea of this moment or turn it into a praying knight? Both ways are very interresting.

Scroll up

in New masters and miniature news from all manufacturers Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:42 am

Well initially it will be as on the image, when casted I might make a conversion later.

Best regards

ValdemarMiniatures.com

Scroll up

in New masters and miniature news from all manufacturers Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:18 pm
by Paul´s Bods • 1.314 Posts

Just do both...both poses would be equally usefull.

Scroll up

in New masters and miniature news from all manufacturers Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:19 pm
by Andreas • 185 Posts

i agree , maybe you think about a standing Horse ?

Scroll up

in New masters and miniature news from all manufacturers Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:29 am

Yes, I am considering to do a standing horse instead or simply make the set with two horses?

Best regards

ValdemarMiniatures.com

Scroll up

in New masters and miniature news from all manufacturers Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:01 am
by Steven • 267 Posts

Nice idea

Scroll up

in New masters and miniature news from all manufacturers Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:56 pm

Well at least it solves the problem, I may add an additional figure as well...

Best regards

ValdemarMiniatures.com

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 19 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: Peter Rathgeb
guest counter
Today were 400 guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1630 topics and 8628 posts.

0 members have been online today: