City finished!

in Gallery and comments Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:22 pm
by Rob Wernars • 10 Posts

Hello all,

After about 2.5 years Cordula and I finally finished our Medieval village.
This was our first diorama ever, and I have to say that for a first project it was probably too big!
All of the buildings came from Greenline, and almost all figures are from Valdemar.
Anyway, here are the photo's:
[/URL]
[/URL]
2 knights from adjacent village appear at the gate, causing a call for more soldiers at the gate:
[/URL]
Also visible is the pranger pole with the crowd yelling and throwing stuff.

An accident in progress, a worker let the rope go, causing a sack to plummet towards the ground. Different people are yelling to get out of the way:
[/URL]

A view of the marketstalls:
[/URL]

The red light area of the city:
[/URL]
[/URL]

[/URL]
The last 2 photo's were made earlier during construction, and the woman in blue in the first photo is lifting her skirt to annoy the clerics.

This is an overview of the city:
[/URL]

This is the interior of the gate:
[/URL]

This is the side of the village, with the red light area on the right.

Later this week we'll try to make more detailed photo's.
Until then let us know what you think about it.
And for those of you going to the Scale Model Challenge in Veldhoven this weekend, we'll show our diorama there!

With regards,
Rob und Cordula

Last edited Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:35 pm | Scroll up

RE: City finished!

in Gallery and comments Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:29 pm
by alex • 400 Posts

Wonderful, a lot of work !!! A lot of interesting details! And a lot of fun to look at, as a picture book.
I hope that it is possible to see more photo. The only thing I would say as a criticism - the city too "sterile" for the medieval city, all very carefully, as a model railway.
Nevertheless, the work is just wonderful !!

Scroll up

in Gallery and comments Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:57 pm
by Valdemar • 2.175 Posts

Hi Rob,

Many many thanks for sharing, it is definitely an impressive diorama which you present! I do agree with Alex that it looks a bit sterile compared to a dirty old medieval city, but on the other hand you have some great details! I especially like the man and women who are preparing for love making through a window.... and then the man who is peeing in the flowers and the dog sniffing at the same time, simply perfect!

Hope to see more

Best regards

ValdemarMiniatures.com

Scroll up

in Gallery and comments Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:53 am
by Rob Wernars • 10 Posts

Hi guys,
Thanks for the remarks! But how could we improve the "sterile" look of the city?
We'll take this into account for our next project, because we call our city finished.
The next project will be the Greenline church, with a procession near the main entrance, a burial scene to the side of the church, and with a scene with fleeing nunes chased by either wolves or vikings on the other side. But this could take some time because I need to finish a few 1/16 tanks, and Cordula has a few 1/35 Landwasserschleppers waiting!

Anyway, here are some more photo's:
[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]

I'm sorry for these photo's as some are not so sharp as I wished them to be!

With rergards,
Rob

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 9 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: Peter Rathgeb
guest counter
Today were 267 guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 1630 topics and 8628 posts.

0 members have been online today: